Monday, October 3, 2011

Schlage Cypher Lock on Front Door

Two of my favorite things around The Place is the cypher lock on the front door and the same model on the Car Barn.  Both Home Depot and Lowe's carry them as I recall.

When I wanted the first one for my birthday, my hubby who is also an IT guy, said "Why?"  And when I wanted the second one, he said "Why there?"

After he installed them, he can't image what we did without either.  Neither can I.  They are so convenient - no keys to carry.  And we can't lock ourselves out of either place if the wind slams the door shut.

Our son also has one, but it is connected to his dead-bolt lock, and the combination must be entered to both unlock and lock the door.  Ours requires the combo only to unlock the door, and I like that much better.

Here is what it looks like:

1 comment:

  1. We just put similar locks on all our doors except the front door. Since no one will ever use that door, we just put a regular one on it. Used the same brand and love them. So convenient!

    ReplyDelete